[Lazarus] TLMMouseEvent now lacks "state"

Luiz Americo Pereira Camara luizmed at oi.com.br
Thu Oct 27 17:54:40 CEST 2011

On 27/10/2011 07:59, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Ok, Luiz, since you are in the discussion, I have some questions:
>
> 1>  How compatible is VTV with TTreeView. Does it implement everything
> that TTreeView supports?

I dont use TTreeView but probably VTV can do all that TTreeView does
although with different approach. Typically doing simple things with VTV
requires more code/knowledge but in the other side as soon you master
it's possible to do complex things. See screenshot. It has a steep
learning curve.

> 2>  It seams to require something like OleUtils, is it heavy on OS dependencies?

Yes. In fact, obviously uses OLE only under Win32

> 3>  How much does it require from the LCL?

It's heavy dependent of winapi/LCLIntf. It takes windows api to its limits

>   Does it simply base on
> TCustomControl / TCanvas and use that or does it go on to use a lot of
> other stuff from the LCL?

See above.

AFAIK TTreeView is all customdraw

Luiz