[Lazarus] TLMMouseEvent now lacks "state"

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Oct 28 15:08:14 CEST 2011

On 10/28/2011 02:25 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Wouldn't it
> simply be easier to work on LCL-fpGUI widgetset interface instead?
LCL-fpGUI looks very promising, indeed !

I would appreciate improvements on LCL-fpGUI a lot. If anybody starts
working on same, I might be able to supply some suggestions and do some
tests. (A testing program showing some issues of LCL/fpGUI with
threading support already is available.)

In fact, it would be nice to have a well defined "layer" in such a
"WidgetType" for customdrawn components, that allows switching between
multiple sets of actual drawing functions, keeping the LCL-near stuff in
a common set of files, while each "Layout" is done in another set of
files. (This would on the long run even allow for creating a set of
layout functions that works remotely via some data channel (such as (a)
"ifi": remote drawing functions done in FPC or (b) HTTP / remote drawing
functions done in Javascript or (c) some local interface within Android
/ drawing functions done in Java using the standard Android Library).

I suppose the "fpGUIPlatform" variable for the build process already is
a draft of such a layer-switch.

-Michael