[Lazarus] Lazarus bigide 0.9.30.2RC2 doesn't compile on FreeBSD

Alonso Cárdenas Márquez acardenas at bsd-peru.org
Fri Oct 28 21:38:19 CEST 2011

2011/10/28 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>

> On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:35:44 -0500
> Alonso Cárdenas Márquez <acardenas at bsd-peru.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm trying compile latest version of Lazarus with bigide option, but it
> > failed with the following messages
> >
> > Compiling memdslaz.pas
> > PPU Loading
> /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.4.4/units/x86_64-freebsd/fcl-db/memds.ppu
> > PPU Source: memds.pp not found
> > Recompiling memds, checksum changed for db
> > memds.pp(10,46) Fatal: Can't find unit memds used by MemDSLaz
> > Fatal: Compilation aborted
> > gmake[2]: *** [memdslaz.ppu] Error 1
> > gmake[2]: se sale del directorio
> > `/usr/ports/editors/lazarus/work/lazarus/components/memds'
> > gmake[1]: *** [bigidecomponents] Error 2
> > gmake[1]: se sale del directorio
> > `/usr/ports/editors/lazarus/work/lazarus/components'
> > gmake: *** [bigidecomponents] Error 2
> > *** Error code 2
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/editors/lazarus.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/ports/editors/lazarus.
> >
> > freepascal units were compiled using the additional OPT value
> > OPT='-CX'
>
> How were they compiled?
> They need to be compiled with the -Ur flag. A "gmake all" normally does
> that.

They were compiled with gmake all. Each unit is generating .ppu .o and .a
files

> > Lazarus was compiled using the additional OPT value
> > OPT="-Sgic -Fu/usr/local/lib/fpc/2.4.4/units/x86_64-freebsd/*
> > -Fl/usr/local/lib -Fl/usr/local/lib/qt4"
>
> The -Fu is normally in your /etc/fpc.cfg.

I have defined this -Fu, because it contains variables that could change
when it is tested/built on FreeBSD cluster.

It looks in lazarus port Makefile like OPT="-Sgic -Fu${UNITSDIR}/*
-Fl${LOCALBASE}/lib -Fl${LOCALBASE}/lib/qt4", but I guess it is not the
problem

> Bundle version of lazarus built without problems it just failed with
bigide

> Vincent suggested compile lazarus with -vut to get more information. Get
the
> log file from http://people.freebsd.org/~acm/ports/logs/lazarus.log.tar.gz
>
> If it is a problem with configuration what could I do for avoid it? or
what
> kind of configurations could affect directly to it ?

Mattias

>  --

Greetings
ACM