[Lazarus] Forms and Generators

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Thu Sep 1 23:09:15 CEST 2011

Am Mittwoch, den 31.08.2011, 00:28 +0200 schrieb Mattias Gaertner:
> On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 23:54:26 +0200
> Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have some question regarding forms and storage formats and the like:
> >
> > 1. Lazarus can write a form definiton to disk as an XML file. Is there a
> > way to load this XML file again making a form out of it?
>
> AFAIK the XML Writer need some work on collections.
> And I have not tested specials like frames.

So it is write only but does support the complete LCL (besides some
TODOs left). Interesting, only the half way left to go.

Can somebody give me a name for grepping or file pointer to the sources
of the XML writer, please?

> > 2. Is there any support for XForms planned or existing?
> > See http://www.w3.org/standards/techs/xforms
>
> As far as I know: no.

OK
Understandable, the set of components defined by the XForms standard is
much smaller than the LCL component set.

> > 3. Are there any other generator sources known making forms from
> > objects, database records or anything else?
>
> lfm, lrs, binary, pascal code.

Fine, I'd have overlooked those completely. :)
Although I think i meant .lfm whre I wrote .dfm, sorry.

Thank you,
Marc

--
Marc Santhoff <M.Santhoff at web.de>