[Lazarus] FPC version required to compile trunk

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Sep 13 15:00:24 CEST 2011

Please note that this isn't a complaint, but I notice that over the last
couple of days (possibly around r32295) Lazarus trunk has lost
compatibility with FPC 2.4.4:

make[2]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk/components/chmhelp/packages/idehelp'
..
Assembling chmprog
..
lazchmhelp.pas(200,8) Error: identifier idents no member "Executable"
lazchmhelp.pas(201,8) Error: identifier idents no member "Parameters"
lazchmhelp.pas(202,8) Error: identifier idents no member "Parameters"
lazchmhelp.pas(404,12) Error: identifier idents no member "Executable"
lazchmhelp.pas(405,12) Error: identifier idents no member "Parameters"
lazchmhelp.pas(480) Fatal: There were 5 errors compiling module, stopping

I notice that the test which defines an absolute minimal version of FPC
has been moved from lcl/alllclunits.pp to lcl/lclversion.pas which is
probably a more intuitive place for it. However, it still thinks that
2.4.0 is adequate.

In the past I've found something like this useful

$ svn cat http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk/lcl/alllclunits.pp

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk