[Lazarus] Editor and usage of Tab characters

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 13:29:38 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about the Source Editor settings, and the actual
behaviour of Tabs in the editor. I switched one project from Spaces to
Tabs to try it out

indenting a single line by using the Tab key works correctly. As you can
see in the attachments the tab character is shown with the >> symbol.

But when I do Block Indentation - also using the Tab key, then ALWAYS
spaces are inserted, instead of the Tab characters. Is doesn't seem
correct, because I specifically set the indentation equal to the Tab
size. I also set the Indent method to Space/Tab. From the help text on
the wiki, Tab characters should be inserted (at least that is how I
understood it).

If I understood in wrong, then what is the difference between Indent
method "Spaces" vs "Spaces/Tabs"?

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/