[Lazarus] Installing on Ubuntu 9.10

Santiago A. svaa at ciberpiula.net
Sat Sep 17 18:32:04 CEST 2011

Hello:

I had installed in my ubuntu 9.10 Lazarus 0.9.28. I finally decided to
upgrade it to 0.9.30.
I removed 0.9.28 to start from scratch, downloaded the deb packages
fpc-2.42 and lazarus-0.9.30 (in big tarballS) and tried to install.

I got circular dependences, lazarus-ide depends on lazarus-ide-gtk2, and
lazarus-ide-gtk2 depends on lazarus-ide. I edited the deb package
lazarus-ide-gtk2 and removed the dependence on lazarus-ide. So, I
finally managed to install it.

are these circular dependences normal?

I started lazarus and I got packages isues, I removed my $HOME/.lazarus
directory and then I could start lazarus without errors.
But now I try to add the package sqlite3laz from the IDE when I rebuild
it and I get "Can't find unit sqlite3laz". But sqlite3laz. But
sqlite3laz.pas is in /usr/lib/lazarus/0.9.30/components/sqlite.

Any idea? a problem pith pasths? Do I have to compile sqlite3laz.lpk
manually?

Santiago A.
svaa at ciberpiula.net