[Lazarus] Lazarus Portuguese translation situation

marcelo.bp marcelo.bp at netsite.com.br
Thu Sep 1 15:46:40 CEST 2011

>>Only 4 words are proposed to be slashed.
>>
>>[English] - pt_BR - pt_PT - proposed solution
>>
>> User - Usuario - Utilizador => Usuário/Utilizador
>> File - Arquivo - Ficheiro => Ficheiro/Arquivo
>> Mouse - Mouse - Rato => Rato/Mouse
>> Screen - Tela - Ecrã => Tela/Ecrã
>> Reset - Redifinir - Restaurar => Restaurar
>> breakpoint - ponto de parada - ponto de paragem => ponto de paragem
>> Load - Carregar - Abrir => Carregar
>> Save - Salvar - Guardar => Salvar
>> registers - registradores - registos => Registradores
>> policy - regra - política => Regra

So, i should understand that where i find these words, i must change to its
slashed format? For ex:
"Todos os arquivos" => "Todos os ficheiros/arquivos"

What about accelerators keys?

I am just concerned about when determined phrase pass the dialog border
limits. There are some IDE dialogs that do not
threat line break correctly. If you want i can forward some screenshots, or
simple turn the brazilian portuguese language on
and take a look in some Tools/IDE options.

Even if we say that this small list is "the list", there will be a lot of
work ahead.

Regards,

Marcelo B Paula