[Lazarus] Lazarus Portuguese translation situation

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 15:57:09 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 3:46 PM, marcelo.bp <marcelo.bp at netsite.com.br> wrote:
> So, i should understand that where i find these words, i must change to its
> slashed format? For ex:
> "Todos os arquivos" => "Todos os ficheiros/arquivos"

Yes, although you don't really need to do all the work, one idea is to
wait for patches from contributors from Portugal for this task, for
example Paulo. There would be work anyway for translating the whole
thing into the pt_PT file, so the work for sending patches to add the
slashes is much smaller... you could review patches.

> What about accelerators keys?

I would propose to keep them like they are now (so all of them in the
brazilian versions). Changing accelerators can bring conflicts with
other accelerators.

> I am just concerned about when determined phrase pass the dialog border
> limits. There are some IDE dialogs that do not
> threat line break correctly. If you want i can forward some screenshots, or
> simple turn the brazilian portuguese language on
> and take a look in some Tools/IDE options.

Yes, it would be good if you can report these issues and then we can fix them.

We can also look at particular issues that appear one by one

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho