[Lazarus] widgetset roadmap issue query

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Sep 6 13:08:26 CEST 2011

On 09/05/2011 05:28 PM, Michael Schnell wrote:I'd like to do an
improvement to this project, but I got stuck.

I wanted to do it in a way that the active unit can unmodified be used
to be integrated in some regression test to be run unmonitored.

One of the test cases I do is "procedure()...message". (e.g. to be fed
by "dispatch()" )

Right now this is denoted in the main form and thus can't be done in the
"active" unit.

Of course I don't want to do anything depreciated in the testing project
and so I ask here about how to proceed.

I tried to create a TWinControl sibling and assign the main form as it's
owner and it's Parent.

I do the "procedure()...message" for this object.

I hoped the dispatch mechanism would reach this procedure. But it does
not. (I tested in Delphi: same there.)

So is there a valid way to define some object in a unit in a way that
the "procedure()...message" is reached by the dispatch mechanism ?

(I don't dare to call Application.CreateForm a second time.)

-Michael