[Lazarus] MS Access file - is it 'accessible' concurrently ?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 21:06:36 CEST 2011

On 07/09/2011, Michael Van Canneyt  wrote:

> "Concurrent", "MS-Access" and "reliable" in one sentence was just too
> much for them...

LOL!  So true!

Our VB6+Access system is deployed at over 250 franchises. We have
constant database corruption, or people "accidentally" deleting the
MDB file on the network share etc...  This is why I said in my earlier
message "hopefully not for too long".

We are slowly but surely converting those franchisees over to our new
system which is developer with FPC+fpGUI+tiOPF2 and Firebird RDBMS. A
MUCH more robust system than before!

@Original Poster
I never even touched on database connectivity in my earlier message.
With Firebird there are many database access component to choose from
(IBX, SqlDB, FBLib etc..), and Firebird is fully cross-platform
enabled (unlike MS-Access or MS SQL-Server), so you can deploy it on
Windows, Linux, Mac etc..

  - Graeme -