[Lazarus] TButton resizing is broken in Trunk's form designer

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Sep 8 12:10:11 CEST 2011

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 11:34:38 +0200 (CEST)
michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 11:08:18 +0200 (CEST)
> > michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:

> >> I can resize it with the corner resizers. Never with the side resizers.
> >>
> >> But that has been so since ages.
> >
> > I hear this the first time.
> > Can you try the outer edge of the side resizers?
> > Probably it is important where you start grabbing.
>
> You are right. It seems so.
> If I start spot in the middle of the resizers, it fails.
> If grab the edge of the resizer it works.
>
> Judging by your remark you know what causes it. That's half the solution :-)

Well, I know that the only difference between a side and a corner
grabber is the amount of space outside the selected control. The
grabbers are no widgets, they are just painted. The same is enlarging
and shrinking: shrinking moves the mouse over the selected control.
So, it probably has to do with the mouse grabbing under gtk2 at design
time. When starting the drag on a button sometimes the mouse move events
only work inside the button or not at all. Since at design time all
mouse events are delegated to the designer I guess it is a bug in the
gtk2 interface.
But even with this knowledge I can hardly reproduce it here. So as
Felipe wrote: It will be hard to find the revision that broke it.

It would be nice if users who can reproduce it more often can help
us here and find the revision.

I hope Michael is wrong and the bug was not always there.

Mattias