[Lazarus] debug hint timing [[Re: TButton resizing is broken in Trunk's form designer]]

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Sep 8 17:39:38 CEST 2011

No need for recompilng with the extra symbols, that I specified.

It isn;'t the debugger.

See my other mail.

Any hint in gtk2, that consists of a single very long line (that needs
to be wrapped)  has the same slowness

using html hints fixes that, but crashes elsewhere

On 08/09/2011 16:10, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 8 September 2011 16:42, Martin  wrote:
>> What exactly do you mean "stay active" ?
> See attached archive. There are three files. The two text files show
> the output captured from the Debug Output window.
>
>    test1.txt
>      - Show value hint while debugging is unchecked
>      - Automatic typecast for objects in unchecked
>
>    test2.txt
>      - Show value hint while debugging is checked
>      - Automatic typecast for objects in checked
>
> The Report.html file shows the difference between them. Hardly any
> difference - not what I would have expected.

In the first you evaluate Sender and Listbox1

In the 2nd you only evaluate Listbox1

only the 2nd has
> <-data-evaluate-expression(^^^char(ListBox1)^+3)^>
> 		^done,value="0x9e3a98#8'TListBoxfff'#144'ff'#144#160#5"
> 		(gdb)
> 		<ptypeTListBox>
> 		&"ptypeTListBox\n"
> 		~"type=^TLISTBOX=class:publicTCUSTOMLISTBOX\n"
> 		~"end\n"
> 		^done
> 		(gdb)

The check if listbox1 needs typecasting => it doesn't need, it is
already declared the same as it actually is.

So yes the files have little difference. Had you done Sender again,
there might have been a diff.

> Also if "show value hint while debugging" is unchecked, shouldn't hint
> debugging be totally disabled?

you are right, there seems some problem there.... it should

>> - Are the commands still send, if you disable the option?
> Yes
No, but in your example it is hard to see