[Lazarus] Search paths per platform

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Sep 9 22:34:39 CEST 2011

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 17:00:59 -0300
Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:
> >> Maybe you forgot the brackets?
> >>
> >> $(MyMacro)
> >
> > See the attachment, please.
> > Doesn't matter if I put, in "Build macros">"Conditionals":
> > $(MyPackageOptions)
> > OR
> > $MyPackageOptions
> > OR
> > nothing...

The conditionals have a different syntax than the search paths.
Search paths are file paths separated by semicolon and macros have the
form $(MacroName) or $MacroFunction(Parameters). For example:

lib/$(TargetOS)

Conditionals have a pascal like syntax, with variables, statements and
expressions. Here is an example how to use the macro
TargetOS in the conditionals:

if TargetOS='win32' then ;

> > The result is the same, ie, the options that I chose using the IDE for
> > each 'Build Mode'
>
> Oh, ok, I see now.
> I forgot the brackets AND I said "Build macros" but the right is
> "Other">"Custom options".

Custom options are similar to search paths when it comes to macros.
The custom options are for anything you can not achieve with the
dialogs. They are simply appended to the options passed to FPC, which
normally means they have higher priority for FPC.

> So, I have to uncheck all options in "linking">"debugging": -gl, -gh,
> etc because these options checked are used... not my "Macro Values" as
> I thought.

Yes, the checks are used, combined with the custom options and passed
to FPC.
Each build mode stores the checks, so you don't need put '-gl -gh' into
macro values. Just check the options in the dialog.

Mattias