[Lazarus] Single-stepping assembler

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Sep 10 16:36:25 CEST 2011

Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>> On 04/09/2011 10:32, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>>> I noticed it had been added fairly recently, but I'd not explored
>>> since it only showed up on a SPARC Solaris system which I'd had to
>>> update. In general I'm trying to be fairly conservative about my FPC
>>> and Lazarus versions- I've got enough problems as it is :-)
>>
>> Ah, well, and I updated (but trunk only) the button order you mentioned.
>>
>> also "fixed" the windows none functionality after a debugger reset.
>> (Though the buttons actually should only be enabled when the debugger
>> is paused, and currently they are enabled even if the debugger runs....)
>
> Still testing. Had problems, and for the moment I need to update SPARC
> FPC with a fix Florian's just done. I'll be back presently.

Martin, is there anything in your fix which could be causing a lockup at
the start of the program run? Last console output as below.

Debugger] Running GDB version: C
[TDebugger.SetFileName]
"/usr/local/src/heavywethers/trunk/astro_references/project1"
[TMainIDE.DoRunProject] B TGDBMIDebugger
[TMainIDE.DoRunProject] END
TGDBMIDebugger.StartDebugging
WorkingDir="/usr/local/src/heavywethers/trunk/astro_references/"
[Debugger] Log output: &"set width 50000\n"

That's on SPARC Linux, Lazarus r32249, FPC 2.7.1 r19036. Haven't checked
ARM etc. yet.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk