[Lazarus] Single-stepping assembler

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Sep 10 19:14:45 CEST 2011

Martin wrote:
> On 10/09/2011 15:36, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

>>> Still testing. Had problems, and for the moment I need to update
>>> SPARC FPC with a fix Florian's just done. I'll be back presently.
>>
>> Martin, is there anything in your fix which could be causing a lockup
>> at the start of the program run? Last console output as below.
>
> No, I don't think so. The fix for the assembler window wwas only in
> code, that was triggered when the debugger object got destroyed.
> Does the problem occur on the *first* attempt to run the app? Or only
> after you have "reset" the debugger (via "run" menu)?

Can only do it once- hit the run button and the IDE is locked up.

> The only change, I can think off that an affect startup is rev 32200.
> That is, this affects code that is executed during startup => but it
> actually fixes an issue where hte debugger became none responsive
> (though the issue would usually occur later during debugging)
>

>> Debugger] Running GDB version: C
>> [TDebugger.SetFileName]
>> "/usr/local/src/heavywethers/trunk/astro_references/project1"
>> [TMainIDE.DoRunProject] B TGDBMIDebugger
>> [TMainIDE.DoRunProject] END
>> TGDBMIDebugger.StartDebugging
>> WorkingDir="/usr/local/src/heavywethers/trunk/astro_references/"
>> [Debugger] Log output: &"set width 50000\n"
>
> What is in the Menu: "View" >"debug windows" > "debug output" ?

I'm having to transcribe this manually since the IDE is locked up. Last
few lines are

<-data-evaluate-expression FPC_THREADVAR_RELOCATE_PROC>
^done,value="0x0"
(gdb)
<-exec-arguments >
^done

> Ideally compile the IDE with the following defines (will cause a lot of
> console/log output):  DBG_VERBOSE  DBGMI_QUEUE_DEBUG

Working on it. I presume that's something like  make DBG_VERBOSE=1
DBGMI_QUEUE_DEBUG=1 bigide

I've reverted from FPC 2.7.1 to 2.4.4 which was previously OK (apart
from floating-point code generation issues) without significant change
to the IDE behaviour.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk