[Lazarus] SynMemo crash after "Undo"

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 19:47:19 CEST 2011

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
> On 10/09/2011 14:55, Flávio Etrusco wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Martin<lazarus at mfriebe.de>  wrote:
>>>
>>> And it's TSynMemo only, TSynEdit works.
>>>
>>> BTW, something I have been wondering for a long time: What is everyones
>>> facination with TSynMemo?
>>> It's 99.9% identical with TSynEdit (except for the extra bug), it has
>>> only
>>> the folowing differenes
>>
>> This makes the bug all the more weird.
>
> Not at all
>
> If foo is TSynEdit // pretty much doesn't work for TSynMemo => they both
> come from TCustomSynEdit

Only now, when I was going to report the bug I realized what you meant :-/
That's exactly the problem.
TSynEditUndoCaret.PerformUndo and TSynEditUndoSelCaret.PerformUndo
check for TSynEdit.
TSynEditPlugin.GetEditor and TSynBaseCompletion.Execute should also be updated.
I can make a patch (and/or report a bug in mantis) if you wish.
And regardless of these bugs there's no reason for TSynMemo not to
inherit from TSynEdit.

> SharedOptions is public? not published?

Yes, I just didn't feel the need to single it out since it was
unimportant in the context.

Best regards,
Flávio