[Lazarus] Single-stepping assembler

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Sep 10 20:11:20 CEST 2011

Martin wrote:
> On 10/09/2011 18:14, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> Martin wrote:
>>
>>> Ideally compile the IDE with the following defines (will cause a lot
>>> of console/log output):  DBG_VERBOSE  DBGMI_QUEUE_DEBUG
>>
>> Working on it. I presume that's something like  make DBG_VERBOSE=1
>> DBGMI_QUEUE_DEBUG=1 bigide
> They must be passed to fpc as -dDBG_VERBOSE  -dDBGMI_QUEUE_DEBUG
>

> so more like make bigide OPTS="-dDBG_VERBOSE  -dDBGMI_QUEUE_DEBUG"
>
> or maybe just OPT=
>

> I always compile via the tools menu, so I don't know for sure

Until Ludo fixed the alignment issues I couldn't use the IDE on SPARC or
ARM, so to get a working lazbuild on those platforms I had to get used
to doing it with make. The upshot is that I've now got a useful set of
scripts for the job (but who hasn't :-)

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk