[Lazarus] Single-stepping assembler

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Sep 11 19:23:51 CEST 2011

On 11/09/2011 16:44, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

>> - If it doesn't work without the dev/null  then it may be that your
>> system doesn't do none blocking read => but then it should return an
>> erro when trying to set that property on the handle.
>
> Without an explicit /dev/null it locks up as before.
>
>> - If it does work without the dev/null  then it would be intersting
>> (debugln) to find out what error occurs, and to see if it could be
>> made working somehow (without threads)
>
> With an explicit /dev/null it appears to work fine.

Ok at least a workaround....

> Lazarus is still building for ARM, I'll report back when I know how
> that looks. I'll also check the exact kernel versions that the test
> systems have running, in case there's some problem.

I'll see if I find the time => it should be simple to copy the code from
unit GDBMIClasses) TPseoudoTerminal.Open /Read and make a small test
app, that will open a pseudo terminal, set the handle to none-blocking
read, and call read on it => and test if read will block or not.