[Lazarus] Search paths per platform

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Mon Sep 12 17:49:50 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-09 at 14:16 -0300, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
> Hi, is there a way to setup unit search paths per platform?.
>
> I usually develp for Linux and Windows, and some times, I use units that
> can't be accessed using the same relative paths on both platforms.
>
> For example, on Linux I use:
>
> ../synapse
>
> To let the compiler find units from Synapse library.
>
> On Windows, the synapse directory is installed on ../../synapse, for
> example.

You really should not do this. I though you would know that when you add
the synapse package as a dependency to your application, the path will
be added automatically. So it doesn't matter where the package is
installed.

I wrote a blog-post about this last Friday, it's not really a how-to,
but maybe you can find more information there:
http://www.lazarussupport.com/lazarus/weblog/project_settings_in_delphi_and_lazarus

Joost.
--
My Lazarus blog: http://www.lazarussupport.com/lazarus/weblog