[Lazarus] 68K

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 10:28:16 CEST 2011

Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 09/14/2011 04:37 PM, Sven Barth wrote:
>>
>> You need to use a pre 2.0 version of FPC for this. The 68k code isn't
>> enabled and/or maintained in current versions.
>>
>> Of course you can try to revive it again :D
>>
> Seems viable-
>
> What is the reason why 68K is not supported in the newer versions ?

Demand? I think this thread is the first time I've seen 68K mentioned
for many years except in the context of programming classic Palms (for
which there is, it appears, a native Pascal compiler).

I see that the Linux kernel still supports the architecture, and that
Qemu supports a variant. But I don't think I've ever seen a 68K system
on e.g. eBay... I lie, somebody was trying to give away an old
workstation on a private conferencing system I use (CIX) but it had
something like 2Mb RAM.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk