[Lazarus] 68K

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Sep 15 11:25:03 CEST 2011

Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 09/14/2011 06:32 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> Does that also apply to cross builds? Could Lazarus built with a
>> current FPC drive a 1.x compiler, or is it too different?
> I don't think I would need to do that. I suppose I just need to point
> Lazarus to the compiler to be used for ARCH 68K.

Recipe for jugged hare: first catch your hare :-)

You're going to need a cross-binary of FPC v1 targeting 68K.

If I were doing it- which I'm not- I'd first start off with something
like https://wiki.debian.org/Aranym onto which I'd try installing
http://www.freepascal.org/down/old/m68k-linux-ftp.freepascal.org.var If
you could get that combination working then you'd have some confidence
that you'd got a working compiler.

Then you could try compiling the corresponding sources into something
that would run on x86, i.e. as a cross-compiler. To do this you'd
probably need to start off with an x86 FPC v1. Then finally you could
investigate whether Lazarus could control the result.

Alternatively investigate whether the current sources can be got
working. My ongoing notes at
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Native_MIPS_Systems#Mainline_MIPS_Port
might help with binutils etc.

In any event please write up what you do for the wiki to get it "into
the record".

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk