[Lazarus] Creating dbexport component: no icon

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 19:36:45 CEST 2011

On 16-9-2011 18:25, Vincent Snijders wrote:
> What new compiler constants?
>
> Why new inequalite operators? {$IF FPCFULLVERSION > 20500 }, as
> mentioned earlier would work ok, don't you think?
Oops, you're right.
Sorry, had overlooked that part.
> This comment seems not completely correct:
> +// XMLXSDExport unit was introduced in FPC 2.6.0
> +// Unfortunately we can't test for 2.6 yet using conditional
> +// compilation
>
> 1, It is available in a version before 2.6.0: fpc 2.5.1
Yes. FPCFULLVERSION should solve this, see below though.

> 2. Why can't you test for fpc 2.6.0? OTOH, why do you want to do so?
Sorry, didn't catch the part about FPCFULLVERSION.

Newb alert:
{$IF $FPCFULLVERSION > 20500}
// XMLXSDExport unit was introduced in FPC 2.5.1.
{$DEFINE HASXMLXSDEXPORT}
{$ENDIF}
gives error evaluating conditional expression or something.

Tried to apply Programmer's Guide 2.4 on Compile time expressions:
{$MACRO+}
{$IF (FPCFULLVERSION > 20500)}
Error: Compile time expression Wanted STRING but got INTEGER at
"FPCFULLVERSION > 20500"

adding a $:
{$MACRO+}
{$IF ($FPCFULLVERSION > 20500)}
Error: Syntax error while parsing a conditional compiling expression

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.