[Lazarus] RE : RE : Generating line info

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Sep 20 11:27:03 CEST 2011

On 20/09/2011 08:30, Ludo Brands wrote:

> "Leak view" is using heaptrc to get the info. So you're bound to hit the
> same bug and issues one day or another.
Not sure what you mean?

I get stacktraces from infodwrf (but also tested the lineinfo/stabs
ones), and have copy and pasted them a thousand times into leak-view.

It works perfect. (though I believe, if I miss some of the leading
spaces on the first line, it sometimes starts from the 2nd line...)

> The other point that needs to be understood is that only the lineinfo or the
> lnfdwrf unit is loaded, not both (pmodules.pas line 659) . That means that
> ALL modules (LCL, RTL, external statically linked modules) need to be
> compiled with the same debug info to get maximum use of heaptrc or crash
> trace dumps.
good point, and to add to it, AFAIK even gdb has some issues with mixed
info, but I am not sure...

but that only means to ensure LCL is delivered with the same info than
your app (so dwarf in future)