[Lazarus] Lazarus and accessibility

Lubos Pintes pintes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 20:15:43 CEST 2011

Hi,
Probably the problem is TBitBtn. Although after heavy fighting with the
IDE I was able to set the Caption, screen reader is unable to see it.
I made an experiment where I put two buttons, one TButton, and one
TBitBtn to form. I was confused, because those component have window
class name "Button". I mean win32 window class name.
So it looked like "Ok, it is Button, regular Windows control, but is not
named".

Request for some clever guy here: Can someone please point me to part of
LCL source code where windows things are made? I mean where handles are
created, window classes defined etc.
To make support for screen reader seems to be challenge because it seems
that everything in LCL has the "Window" class.