[Lazarus] (Still googling for it) GDB error 31 ?

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Sep 22 13:49:15 CEST 2011

On 22/09/2011 12:34, Lukasz Sokol wrote:
> I shall mention:
>
> The other (XP Pro) machine is a laptop and on my project, (as opposed to the
> test project, dunno why) the Error: 31 code appears just before line where
> one of the libraries is loaded :
>
> Error: 31=library-loaded,id="c:\\Program Files\\Apoint\\Apoint.dll" [snip rest of line]
> _________
> ^ This does however /NOT/ appear when I run my test project, only the rest of the
> line;
>
> But I gather now, this may be due to spaces in the path of the DLL...?
> (the infamous Program Files...)
>
> The Apoint.dll is the part of the pointing device driver on this laptop so I guess
> disabling it is out of question...

I don't think it is the spaces in this case....
the text to google is "library load error 31", but doesn't get to much
info either.

Some libraries do indeed "not behave" if run under gdb (I suspect some
libraries do that intentionally others by accident), and if it is a
library misbehaving, then there is nothing that can be fixed in the IDE.

The best approach is to try different versions of GDB => try the link I
posted first, it has the latest released windows 32 bit gdb.
Otherwise go to the mingw website, and find older gdb (I recommand to
try 6.8.3 or 6.7.5 first, then any 7.x.x) those are known to work fine
in Lazarus. Anything older I wouldn't try.

Another thing to try, is to disable (or if available try "game mode")
your anti-virus solution. While I have not seen the specific case you
reported, it is known that some AV solutions do interfere with gdb.