[Lazarus] Spurious package rebuild

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 21:20:42 CEST 2011

Martin wrote:
> On 22/09/2011 18:46, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> Martin wrote:

>>> Actually this is a temporary problem.
>>>
>>> The makefiles will need to be updated, as soon as the current work on
>>> the compiler option dialog is finished.
>>> Every package uses the compileroption dialog. And that has changed
>>> the default
>>
>> Thanks Martin and Mattias, so in effect it's something best tolerated
>> for the moment.
>>
>> Are the options used when compiling FPC itself relevant?
>>

> I don't think so.
>
> Actually to be noted that your diffs seem more than just the change of
> compiler-options-dialog
>
>     Old=" -MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -gl -vewnhi -l fcllaz.pas"
>     Now=" -MObjFPC -Scghi -O1 -gw2 -godwarfsets -gl -vewnhi -l -gw -gl
> -godwarfsets -gh -gt -Co -Cr -Ci -Sa fcllaz.pas"
>
> the first "-gl" versus "-gw -godwarfset" is the option dialog. The rest
> is something you must have put in somewhere.
>
> Also seeing the -gw -godwarsets twice => I guess you already had that in
> there before?

Not as far as I know. The compiler was built with NOGDB=1 OPT='-O- -gl
-vt', Lazarus with LCL_PLATFORM=gtk2 bigide, ~/.lazarus was wiped before
the run and I've not intentionally changed anything in the project
options except for a couple of -d settings.

Grepping in the project directory for dwarfsets gives me only

HeavyWethers.compiled:  <Params Value=" -MObjFPC -Scagi -O1 -gw2
-godwarfsets -gl -vewnhi -Se3 -l ... -dLCL -dLCLgtk2 HeavyWethers.lpr"/>

with the omitted bit being -Fi options etc.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk