[Lazarus] [OT] Pascal's Compilers.

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 16:01:56 CEST 2011

On 27/09/2011 14:18, Frank Church wrote:

> http://shootout.alioth.debian.__org/u32/pascal.php
> <http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u32/pascal.php>
>

> There are always trade-offs.
>
> In any case "*Show me the code!!*"
>

> There is a *huge* difference in the "Memory KB" in most cases!
>

> Yes that part is pretty obvious, but without seeing the program code
> most of these comparisons are not very meaningful.
>
> Is c++ memory usage that bad?

I noticed the g++ code of at least the k-nucleotide test is using parallel processing!
Whereas the main loop of the fpc program was mostly first- swallowing the stdin, then
 /reallocing/ buffers! No wonder FPC is slower here -do all languages get
the same treatment on the shootout...? Or are some more even than others!

Lukasz