[Lazarus] Source and Editor woes

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Sep 28 18:56:40 CEST 2011

Martin schrieb:
> On 28/09/2011 02:48, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>> Martin schrieb:
>>> The IDE shows a diff, if you select one of the files in the dialog.
>>> So you can check what changed.
>>
>> That turned out to be not really useful. It contained 5600 lines,
>> IIRC, impossible to find out what's different and what's the correct
>> version. When I saved the editor file under a different name, fc did
>> find only two different lines - with no visible difference
>> (whitespace? line endings?).
>
> Don't know, a bug? or a diff algorithm that doesn't work well with your
> data?
> I mostly have pascal files open. and shows the right diff.

That's why a problem with XML source files may not have been detected
until now.

>>> I recall having had that once, for a very short time (quite a while
>>> ago), I do not think it was my config, it might have been some extra
>>> package that was installed, or it got fixed (at least as far as my
>>> tests go)
>>
>> I.e. you can not reproduce the described behaviour?
>>

> I played around with it, for some longer. I use "restore pos" in the
> window settings, so it does not happen.

I use "restore geometry", a "restore pos" is not available?

> You probably have a fixed pos? In that case it can be reproduced, on
> focus. Please report it on mantis

What version should I use for an reasonable error report?

I tried to rebuild the trunk version, but ran into a problem with the
FCL package installer. Which FPC version is required to rebuild Lazarus
trunk?

DoDi