[Lazarus] Problem to rename a form

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Sep 28 19:01:21 CEST 2011

On 9/28/2011 08:43, Howard Page-Clark wrote:
> On 28/9/11 1:24, Rafael Tuim Elias wrote:
>> I found a strange behavior in Lazarus IDE. To reproduce follow that steps:
>>
>> 1 - Create a new project.
>> 2 - Rename Form1 to fmAINmENU
>> 3 - Save all
>> 4 - Try to rename the form to FMainMenu
>>
>> IDE doesn't permit. The error: This component has already the class TFPrint.
>>
>> I think it is a little bug.
>
> It's not a bug if the error message is
> "This component has already the class fmAINmENU"
>
> since the IDE rightly disallows having two components with identical names
> (ignoring case). So, yes, the IDE does not check if you are just altering the
> case of the component name from what was originally entered. It won't let you do
> that. Hardly a big deal.

the error message should indicate something about this check being done case
insensitive, too...

or it should go ahead and fix the case the way it is being entered... since it
detects the duplicate, it can inquire about renaming as newly entered or leaving
it (and aborting) or are we trying to create a new one and simply typed a name
already in use... three options with some smarts in the choices ;)