[Lazarus] Non-lcl-designer design question

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed Apr 18 13:45:32 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm playing around with a non-lcl-designer to design xib forms. This
works quite nice, but there are a lot of issues.

Basic problem is that the 'objects' which are placed on the designer are
not TComponent descendants. In fact they aren't even classes but
objcclasses.

To circumvent this problem I created a unit with TComponent descendants
with the same name as the objcclasses I really want to use. I thought
that the Lazarus designer uses the classes which are compiled into the
IDE. But this is not everywhere the case. Sometimes the codetools are
used. They look up the unit sources and then see completely different
classes then the 'fake' TComponent descendants that I used.

I can create a form, edit it, save it, compile it. But when I close it
and re-open it again the 'normal' TForm designer is used.

Does anyone see another approach? How could I handle this?

Joost.