[Lazarus] Right click, paste as string?

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 11:40:28 CEST 2012

Hi list,

When working with e.g. multiline SQL statements, sometimes I want to
copy them to a string in Lazarus, e.g from something like:
const
  SQL =
with this on the clipboard:
SELECT
c.colid as recno,
o.name as TableName,
c.name as FieldName,
c.colorder as FieldPosition,
t.name as FieldType,
c.scale as FieldScale,
c.prec as FieldPrecision,
c.isnullable as FieldNull
FROM sys.syscolumns c
INNER JOIN sys.sysobjects o ON c.id = o.id
INNER JOIN sys.systypes t ON c.xtype = t.xtype and c.usertype=t.usertype
WHERE (o.type='V' or o.type='U') and o.name='MEDEWERKERS'
ORDER BY o.name, c.colorder

to something like:
Const
  SQL =
    'SELECT'+
    'c.colid as recno,'+
    'o.name as TableName,'+
    'c.name as FieldName,'+
    'c.colorder as FieldPosition,'+
    't.name as FieldType,'+
    'c.scale as FieldScale,'+
    'c.prec as FieldPrecision,'+
    'c.isnullable as FieldNull'+
    'FROM sys.syscolumns c'+
    'INNER JOIN sys.sysobjects o ON c.id = o.id'+
    'INNER JOIN sys.systypes t ON c.xtype = t.xtype and
c.usertype=t.usertype'+
    'WHERE (o.type='V' or o.type='U') and o.name=''MEDEWERKERS'''+
    'ORDER BY o.name, c.colorder';

I.e. indenting, appending quotes and + sign, and escaping existing
quotes. (In this case, it's SQL and having an extra space at the end of
the line before the closing quote would be even nicer but that's
something of a special case)

Is that possible in Lazarus?

Thanks,
Reinier