[Lazarus] Unicode text difference between source editor and other Edit controls on Windows

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 00:26:52 CEST 2012

Partly related to issue
  21817: "FileUtil.CopyFile" would failed to work with Unicode Characters
filename.

My tests failed when I copied the file name directly to source editor.
They succeeded when I used a FileNameEdit to select the file name.
Why does it happen?

I remember I participated in a forum discussion about a similar issue. I
can dig it out if needed.
Then it happened on Linux, too. I piece of unicode text looked different on
source editor compared to other places, including Kate editor (part of KDE).

Juha