[Lazarus] Another Master-detail problem

Koenraad Lelong lazarus1 at de-brouwerij.be
Fri Apr 27 11:02:56 CEST 2012

Hi,

I think I am doing something fundamentally wrong. Every time I try to do
something with master-detail tables, I get stuck on errors I don't
understand :-( .

I want to add a record in the detail-table, and modify a field in the
master-table. When one of those two goes wrong, I need to revert.
So I made this :

qryDetail.Open;
qryDetail.Append;
qryDetailPRICE.Value:=Price;
qryDetailCALIBDATE.Value:=CalibDate;
... other fields of detail are filled
qryMaster.Edit;
qryMasterLASTCALIB.Value:=CalibDate;
try
  qryDetail.Post;
  qryDetail.ApplyUpdates;
  qryToestel.Post;
  qryToestel.ApplyUpdates;
  traMasterDetail.Commit;
except
  qryDetail.CancelUpdates;
  qryMaster.CancelUpdates;
  traMasterDetail.Rollback;
end;

When I remove the master-operations, the detail insert works.
My first try did not have the post-statements. The master-update did
work, but nothing got inserted in the detail-table.
When I added the post-statements, I got an error : qryDetail is not in
insert or edit mode.

What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks for any clarification,

Koenraad Lelong.