[Lazarus] fpdocmanager questions & crash

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Apr 2 09:43:44 CEST 2012

Reinier Olislagers schrieb:
> On 1-4-2012 18:28, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>> Reinier Olislagers schrieb:
>>> Have somme comments/questions - sorry if these have been raised before:
>>> 1. What is the "common documentation directory" you are asked to select
>>> when starting it for the first time? Does it contain your sources?
>>> Compiled documentation? Would be nice if there were a bit more
>>> description.
>>> (Probably is the "root directory" in the config assistant. Ok.)
>> Sorry for the confusion :-(
>> [Please suggest the most descriptive name for it]
> Mmm yes, "Project directory" is even more vague.
> Perhaps choose something like "FPDocManager documentation directory" and
> make sure whatever you do, the names match between the readme, config
> wizard and the dialog?

I tried to improve the text, and fixed another bug that had crept into
the wizard.

>>> Is it required to have fpcdocs under your FPC directory?

Correction: you are right, according to the FPDoc documentation fpcdocs
must reside inside a FPC source directory, so that the Makefile can find
the units.

But you can choose any FPC version, if you have more than one on your
machine (as I have).

>>> 3. RTL step: noticed you need to create 2 Windows batch files. Wouldn't
>>> it be more useful if there were some cross platform way of generating
>>> the rtl etc docs (e.g. shelling out to fpdoc with parameters like
>>> lazbuild is doing right now?)
>> These files can be omitted as soon as somebody explains how to use the
>> FPCDocs Makefile to *only* create the FPDoc projects.
> Not going there... make files are not my forte at all..
Me2 :-(

>>> 4. Trying to select the newly generated rtl.bat gives an access
>>> violation (Lazarus SVN 36494, FPC SVN 20683 x86). Any fix for that?

You're right, I could reproduce and fix this bug :-)
Please update and try again.

Thanks
DoDi