[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 is branched

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Apr 2 10:00:19 CEST 2012

zeljko at holobit.net schrieb:
> Hi all,
> As I've already mentioned few weeks ago on lazdevel, today we branched
> 1.0 :)
>
> branch is here:
> http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/branches/fixes_1_0/

What's the update policy? I just updated examples/fpdocmanager, do I
have to update the new branch, too? If so, what's the suggested
procedure for updates that should go into both the branch(es) and trunk?

Which FPC version is suggested/assumed for 1.x?

> wiki with revisions which have to be merged from trunk (also there will
> be links about other 1.0 stuff like changes etc):
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.0_fixes_branch
> or
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.0_fixes_branch

What's the difference (in content)?

> Current trunk version 0.9.31 is 1.1 as of r36507.
>
> 1.In next days snapshots will be versioned as 1.1
> 2.For testers:
> svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/branches/fixes_1_0 lazarus
> 3.We are planning to release 1.0 in next 3 months, but before that we will
> relese 1..XX RC candidates - you'll be informed about it.
>
> Happy Lazarus 1.0 !

What's the future of dragging in 1.0? Will fixes (workarounds) be added
to make the dockable IDE work? By conditional compilation, at least?

DoDi