[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 is branched

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Apr 3 15:31:41 CEST 2012

Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> hat am 3. April 2012 um 12:03
geschrieben:

> On 04/01/2012 08:44 PM, zeljko at holobit.net wrote:
> > http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.0_fixes_branch
> > http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.0_fixes_branch
>
> Sorry for being a PITA,  but neither one of these nor
>
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_0.99.0_release_notes
>
> seems to say anything about offline help / context sensitive help /
> offline Documentation (content and installing same).

Having an offline would be nice, but it is not a blocker for 1.0.

As you know, the help consists of many different parts. There were many
improvements compared to 0.9.30.

All developers are busy with fixing bugs and at the moment no one is
working on the offline help.
If anyone that reads this wants to help with the help, just write a mail.

> I have not the impression that this issue is on a level, that can be
> called "1.x" (I.e. allowing for absolute beginners to easily get started
> without installing (Turbo-) Delphi just to view the help.)
> (Please ignore me if you think I am wrong.)

1.0 is neither a commercial product, nor a version for absolute beginners.

> Is there an updated wiki page documenting the road map for offline help
> / context sensitive help ?
> (I understand, the huge discussion on that issue broke up without a
> clear decision regarding that and I am not inclined to restart it, but
> I'd like to monitor  the results on such a Wiki page. )

What part of offline wiki do you want to help with?
Yes, I know, you don't have time to help. But maybe others want to help.

Mattias