[Lazarus] SetEnv on Linux 64bit

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Apr 3 15:57:01 CEST 2012

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012, fred f wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I need to set up LIBOVERLAY_SCROLLBAR=0 on Ubuntu 64bit, but there LIBC is not
> supported and therefore I am looking for SetEnv which I can use on 64bit Linux.
>
> SysUtils contains only GetEnvironmentVariable, but not Set...

That's not how it works on Unix/Linux.

You must always set up environment variables before a program starts.
When starting a process, the environment for that process is started and is
then immutable for the duration of the process.

What you can do is execute the same binary again, but with the
environment variable added to the environment of the new process.

Michael.