[Lazarus] RE : Lazarus crashing reproducibly on startup (64-bitLinux)

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Tue Apr 3 16:02:40 CEST 2012

On 04/01/2012 04:32 PM, brian wrote:
> On 04/01/2012 04:05 AM, Ludo Brands wrote:
>>>
>>> And you're running on an AMD CPU?
>>>
>>> In that case, I'm absolutely baffled
>>

>> You shouldn't, I have reported it working on AMD in the mantis case
>> (http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=21515) and on the lazarus forum
>> (http://forum.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,14881.msg89591.html#msg
>>
>> 89591).
>>

> Well I followed Mattias's procedure, which worked for him, and all I
> can say is that it still doesn't work for me. I regret ever having
> thought of the idea of reverting to Mint - or, at least, trying LMDE.
> Since I was using Debian testing anyway, I thought I had little to
> lose and something to gain.
>
> I'm going to give up on Mint and reinstall plain old Debian. I know
> Lazarus works on that **on my PC**.

The bottom line to all this, as probably no-one will be surprised to
learn, is that wiping Mint Debian and re-installing standard Debian
means that Lazarus works just fine for me once again.

I understand that Mattias and Ludo both managed to run Lazarus on LMDE
without a problem. I'm perfectly willing to accept that there's some
complex interaction which affects only a few PCs running LMDE.

I guess that whether or not you install LMDE if you want to use
Lazarus depends on how lucky you feel. Certainly anyone doing so
should be prepared to have to revert to another distro if they get
unlucky.

Brian.