[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 is branched

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Apr 5 03:17:49 CEST 2012

On 4/4/2012 20:34, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Vincent Snijders wrote:
>> Did you recompile startlazarus?
>
> To recompile Lazarus I just use the IDE.. I thought the command Build
> All recompile everything. If not, how I recompile the startlazarus?

as mattias and i have been discussing, the easiest way is "make clean" before
"svn up"... then "make all" after that... then you can use lazbuild to build
based on profiles (eg: "debug ide", "normal ide", "optimized ide" which are all
defaults) and those would also include your own defined profiles just the same
as in the IDE... provided that i've been following along and understanding... as
such, i just reported a bug today wherein lazbuild still builds debug versions
when it is not supposed to do so... i'm hoping this is fixed and working
properly when laz v1.0 is released in another few months...

my setup is based off of (your??) wiki instructions for total SVN starting of
FPC and lazarus... i've been working on an updatelaz script (.bat file on
winwhatever) which is now working for the basic needs... just to get the above
mentioned bug fixed and life will be golden again :P ;)