[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 is branched

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Apr 5 03:30:03 CEST 2012

On 4/4/2012 20:38, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM, waldo kitty<wkitty42 at windstream.net>  wrote:
>> i'm pretty sure you've also seen my exchanges concerning compiling from the
>> command line instead of svn update and then firing lazarus and compiling a
>> new laz from in there? if so, we've learned (in the last months) that we
>> should "make clean" before "svn up"... then "make all" (the easy way) to
>> build all the new tools and such... then we can "lazbuild blah blah" to
>> build the new lazarus... at least my lazbuild.exe and startlazarus.exe are
>> built every time...
>
> I use scripts to compile the FPC but to Lazarus I only use the IDE.
> I can't use "make all" because all configuration, components, etc will gone.

ummm... after that, as i wrote in my previous, you run lazbuild to build what
you really want... "make all" is the "cheap" way out... it builds everything
including a basic default default (yes) lazarus so that one can at least get up
and running... lazbuild is supposed to then be able to build the same
lazarus.exe as you do from in the IDE's "Tools->build lazarus" selection with
the chosen profile... this is what mattias and i have been working on this last
week in the "lazbuild build IDE profiles" thread ;)