[Lazarus] fpdocmanager questions & crash

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Apr 5 14:21:32 CEST 2012

Reinier Olislagers schrieb:

>>> Perhaps you could create the batch/shell files from within fpdoc manager
>>> using TProcess.Execute?
>> Again: not me :-(
>>
>> I'm not familiar with shelling out to processes, in detail on different
>> platforms. Where is "make", and where is "fpdoc"? But I'm open to
>> contributions...
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Executing_External_Programs
>
> Location of make: doesn't matter where make is as long as it's in the
> path (on Windows at least).

I don't have "make" in my (Windows) path, nor fpdoc. I've written batch
files that add the compiler bin and tools directory to the path, for
every FPC version. The FPDocManager has fpdoc built-in, but this doesn't
help when the Makefile wants to call a stand-alone fpdoc.

> Otherwise, you can test if it's in the compiler binary path,
> <fpcdir>\bin\<architecture>, e.g.
> c:\development\fpctrunk\bin\i386-win32\make.exe
> fpdoc is in <fpcdir>\utils\fpdoc\fpdoc.exe (or in the compiler binary
> path, see above)

All my FPC/Lazarus stuff resides on D:, not on C:.

> See here
> http://lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/topic,16512.msg90010.html#msg90010
> for a simple sample program with TProcess...

This doesn't help when the Path is not set up as required.

Again: feel free to provide an patch or a stand-alone tool, that allows
to create an fpdoc commandline or project for the RTL and FCL, on every
machine.

> IIRC, you said yourself you are limiting the program to Windows, so
> don't see how cross platform considerations come into it..

The FPDocManager has no platform dependencies. The only external
dependency currently is the fpcdocs Makefile, which should be replaced
by fpdoc projects, supplied and maintained by the FPC/fpdoc people.

DoDi