[Lazarus] Strange dependency of units

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Apr 5 14:19:00 CEST 2012

On 04/05/2012 02:05 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> AFAIR there exists a noGUI widgetset, which implements the message
> processing (for Timer...) in a non-GUI application.
Last time I checked the noGUI Widget Type did not support TTimer or
Thread-generated Events (e.g. TThread.Synchronize(),
TApplication.QueuAsyncCall() ) which both are essential to construct
event driven applications

> Otherwise you have to ask the FPC people for message support apart
> from a GUI.

This has been discussed already a long time ago. As there are only very
few developers than need this it's absolutely OK that the Lazarus team
does not dedicate their valuable resources on this issue. I would have
started implementing such a Widget Type, if the application I had in
mind would not have been canceled by the management.

-Michael