[Lazarus] make clean all fails...

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Apr 5 18:21:19 CEST 2012

On 4/5/2012 10:45, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> waldo kitty <wkitty42 at windstream.net> hat am 5. April 2012 um 16:39 geschrieben:
>
>  > lazbuild --build-ide= --build-mode=
>  > lazbuild --build-ide="" --build-mode=
>  > lazbuild --build-ide= --build-mode=""
>  > lazbuild --build-ide="" --build-mode=""
>  >
>  > all of the above would build lazarus using the selected IDE build profile,
>  > right?
>
> This is more a question about your shell than about lazbuild.

mmmm... right now it is w2k's default shell...

> Like any other console tool lazbuild does not get the parameters literally. Your
> shell has some rules for quoting and globbing and creates the parameters it
> passes to the tool.

oh yeah, that stuff... i can only assume, then, that we used quotes on
--build-mode="default ide" because of the space in it? of so, why did we use
quotes on --build-ide="-vut" when there are no spaces?

i only (blindly) copied what was written to use...

> Most shells support quotes and the above 4 are the same.

ok, thank you :)