[Lazarus] Strange dependency of units

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Apr 6 02:00:24 CEST 2012

Michael Schnell schrieb:
> On 04/05/2012 04:45 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>

>> Exactly. That is called 'polling' windows...

>> You have a strange definition of polling.
>>
>> Polling = Checking something at regular intervals.
>
> Sorry for being tense, but what has been described (and acknowledged by
> you) is _not_ doing something at regular intervals.

How do you think to implement "regular intervals", when you need a timer
*message* for that purpose?

Perhaps we should distinguish between *blocking and non-blocking*
polling. You seem to mention non-blocking polling, which can be used
with multiple independent sources. The blocking version, as used to poll
the event queue, puts the thread asleep until the event (new message)
occurs.

DoDi