[Lazarus] Strange dependency of units

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Fri Apr 6 07:59:44 CEST 2012

On Thursday 05 of April 2012 17:15:42 Michael Schnell wrote:

> > Qt/GTK/X11 allow for this design as well.
>
> So there is a possibility to feed user events to the queue in GTK ? If
> so, I don't understand why the GTK Widget Type (other than the Windows
> Widget Type) implements additional (an) queue(s) in Pascal code. (I
> never took a look at QT.)

Because gtk2 code is taken from gtk1 which needed such stuff for proper
functioning. Gtk2 does not use old iteration style anymore, yes there's still
queue for resizing and painting, but I don't won't to remove it or touch it
atm (if ever). Gtk3 will have pure implementation without need of any queue on
lcl side. Qt implementation is cleanest one - no private queues or similar
stuff.
Besides that , do not forget that all non-windows widgetsets must emulate
stuff to be winapi and delphi compatibile (events, events order etc etc).

zeljko