[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 is branched

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sat Apr 7 03:41:14 CEST 2012

On 4/6/2012 11:44, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 14:54:31 -0400
> waldo kitty<wkitty42 at windstream.net>  wrote:
>
>> an ignorant (meaning uneducated!) look at the Makefile in the lazarus root turns
>> up the following on line 3910...
>>
>>        all: lazbuild lcl ideintf components tools ide starter
>>
>> which i /think/ indicates that one could leave out the ide target like so...
>>
>>        make lazbuild lcl ideintf components tools starter
>
> Yes.
> Keep in mind that this internal list may change at any time and without
> notification.

ok... good to know...

also, does the order matter? if we build lazbuild first, do the others (lcl
ideintf components tools and starter) get built again or does the make stuff see
those that maybe had been built and bypass them somehow?

>> so a whole new svn install can go like this...
>>
>> 1- get the sources from SVN /branches/fixes_1_0/
>> 2- make lazbuild lcl ideintf components tools starter
>> 3- lazbuild --build-ide= --build-mode=
>> 4. copy lazarus.new.exe lazarus.exe    (i don't know why lazbuild doesn't, yet)
>
> I fixed 4. lazbuild now creates lazarus.exe, not lazarus.new.exe.

alright! i actually figured out why the "internal to lazarus" build method does
this... it is because startlazarus will detect lazrus.new.exe and rename
lazarus.exe to lazarus.old.exe and then rename lazarus.new.exe to lazarus.exe...
say that three times fast! :lol:

but anyway, that caught me out the other day... i had a lazarus.new.exe left in
the laz directory and startlazarus performed its majik and confused me for a
minute until i realized what had happened ;)

sokath, his eyes open! ;)