[Lazarus] Renaming unit

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Apr 10 12:23:32 CEST 2012

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:00:36 +0100
Richard Mace <richard.mace at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> When I create a new unit and then save it, I save it in all lower case.
> I then, edit the actual unit, and rename it to the case that I would like,
> such as renaming from "mainunit" to "MainUnit".

Hint:
You can save it as 'MainUnit.pas'. The IDE then asks to save it
lowercase. The file name will then be 'mainunit.pas' and the source
name 'MainUnit'.

You can disable the question here:
Options / Naming / Save As - auto rename pascal files lower case

> All is OK when I do this,
> but the "tab" doesn't update to the correct case until Lazarus is
> restarted. Could it not be updated when the actual unit is renamed?
> Only a minor thing, but I remember Delphi doing this so thought I'd mention
> it :)

You don't need to restart.
The tabs are updated on many events. For example when you do a "find
declaration" or jump to a method body.
They are not updated on every key press in the source editor.

Mattias