[Lazarus] Changes of make, part III

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 09:40:58 CEST 2012

On 10-4-2012 22:26, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Precompiling a second LCL platform:
> Do not use "make lcl LCL_PLATFORM=qt", as this will update
> lclbase.compiled and this tells the IDE to rebuild the
> existing ppu of the first platform.
> Use instead:
> make -C lcl/interfaces/qt
>

> Here is an example how to compile a bigide, examples and precompile the
> packages for the second widgetset qt:
>
> make clean LCL_PLATFORM=qt
> make clean bigide examples
> make -C lcl/interfaces/qt
> make ideintf basecomponents bigidecomponents LCL_PLATFORM=qt

Mattias,

Thanks for the update in functionality/cleanup and your explanatory posts!

IIUC, the former make lcl LCL_PLATFORM=<a widgetset>
can be replaced by make clean etc and
make -C lcl/interfaces/<a widgetset>
right?
In other words, the identifier <a widgetset> would be the same, e.g. qt,
gtk2, win32...?

I've incorporated these changes into fpcup, seems to work at least for a
Win32 LCL+Win64 LCL - and fixes the problem of the first LCL being
recompiled, as you described!

Thanks again,
Reinier