[Lazarus] Changes of make, part I

Richard Mace richard.mace at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 14:38:35 CEST 2012

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 11:39:08 +0100

> Richard Mace <richard.mace at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I think I am being a little dumb here....
> > What command would I need to issue, to stay up-to-date with trunk,
> building
> > a new IDE (I guess?) and making sure all of my components are up-to-date.
> > Would it be: make clean all lazarus-ide?
> >
> > Sorry if the question has already been answered, and that I have missed
> it!
>
> A safe way is
>
> make clean
> svn up
> make clean lazbuild useride
>

> The IDE and lazbuild update your components automatically when needed.
>
> Mattias

Mattias, thank you. I think I am finally getting my head around it now.

After running make clean lazbuild useride I get the following error:

./lazbuild.exe --build-ide=
primary config path: C:\Users\Richard\AppData\Local\lazarus

  $0052EFBD  TLAZLOGGER__DEBUGLNSTACK,  line 676 of lazloggerbase.pas
  $0043D08C  DUMPSTACK,  line 1406 of lclproc.pas
  $0040220E  TLAZBUILDAPPLICATION__ONIDEQUESTIONDIALOG,  line 299 of
lazbuild.lp
  $0051471A  TLAZPACKAGEGRAPH__OPENINSTALLEDDEPENDENCY,  line 4716 of
c:/lazarus
-trunk/packager/packagesystem.pas
  $004FF390  LOADLAZARUSBASEPACKAGE,  line 1669 of
c:/lazarus-trunk/packager/pac
kagesystem.pas
  $004FF255  TLAZPACKAGEGRAPH__LOADSTATICBASEPACKAGES,  line 1673 of
c:/lazarus-
trunk/packager/packagesystem.pas
  $00404AEB  TLAZBUILDAPPLICATION__INIT,  line 878 of lazbuild.lpr
  $0040296B  TLAZBUILDAPPLICATION__BUILDLAZARUSIDE,  line 416 of
lazbuild.lpr
  $00406E89  TLAZBUILDAPPLICATION__RUN,  line 1170 of lazbuild.lpr
ERROR: Package file not found
The package "FCL" is installed, but no valid package file (.lpk) was found.
A broken dummy package was created.
lazbuild is non interactive, aborting now.
make: *** [useride] Error 2

Richard